No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||31046||Location||WA - Regional|
|Industry||Administration||Direction||800 kms South/West of Darwin|
|Hours per week||38 ($50,000/annum Salary)|
We are seeking a motivated person to work with our team in The Top End of Australia as a Welfare Officer working with seasonal workers from Timor Leste and the Pacific Islands. This role is based in Kununurra and the successful candidate will be required to work throughout the Top End of both Western Australia and Northern Territory starting late April / early May 2022.
Objective of the Role
To build genuine rapport with each Seasonal Worker during their stay in Australia to ensure they are productively performing at work and enjoying the cultural exchange that living in Australia under the Seasonal Workers Programme provides.
The Welfare Officer will be based in Kununurra and will be responsible for:
- Developing trust, respect and clear communication channels with each seasonal worker
- Providing social support for seasonal workers
- Identifying any issues that may be impacting on seasonal workers. It may be work related, social, family or other
- Encouraging the seasonal worker to integrate into the community via church, sporting and other community and social activities
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate proven capacity to:
- Develop their own and others’ understanding about the Seasonal Workers Programme
- Communicate effectively with seasonal workers and have highly developed interpersonal and organisational skills
- Show sensitivity to seasonal workers experiencing personal, social or work-related problems.
- Liaise effectively with colleagues regarding pastoral concerns with the seasonal workers.
- Ensure confidentiality and privacy in accordance with policy and protocol.
- Provide weekly reports to the Operations Manager
A current Australian manual Drivers Licence is essential for this role. This role will be approx. 38 hours/week working across 6 days. Some weekend and late afternoon work may be required depending on the seasonal workers' needs.
Salary per Annum - $50,000 under Miscellaneous Award 2020 - MA000104
Apply online or visit our website at www.thejobshop.com.au to upload your current resume.