No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
1 position(s) | 6 Sep 2021 - Permanent
|Job #||31037||Location||NT - Regional|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||320 kms south of Darwin / 20 kms south of Katherine|
|Hours per week||38+ ($Award - Salary of $50,000)|
We are seeking a permanent full time Farm Hand for a local Katherine fruit and vegetable farm. Hours will be up to 50 hours/week with the minimum 38 hours / week. This role is to commence late August/early September and will be ongoing.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Irrigation Maintenance
- Tree Husbandry (planting, fertilizing, pruning, spraying)
- Machinery Operations (Tractor driving, ground preparation for crops, cultivation)
- Fruit picking and packing
- Packing shed duties
- General farm hand duties
- Be able to work outdoors in a tropical climate - daytime temperatures are up to 40'c during the build up
- Be physically fit to outdoor labouring experience and a good level of physical fitness
- Be fluent in spoken English to follow instructions from the Supervisor
- Be flexible and able to cope with change and varying work conditions
- Have a manual driving licence
- Have a forklift licence (advantageous)
- Have a chain saw ticket (advantageous)
- Have a chemical certificate (advantageous)
- Previous Farm Hand experience is essential with tractor driving experience
Onfarm accommodation is available for the successful applicant if required. Hourly pay rate is Level 1 Horticulture Award 2020 with a salary of $50,000 with TOIL which can be offered in lieu of overtime as per the Horticulture Award 2020.
Register and APPLY at www.thejobshop.com.au providing an up to date resume. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.