No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
2 position(s) | 20 Jun 2021 - Ongoing
|Job #||31030||Location||NT - Regional|
|Duration||Ongoing||Suburb||Via Alice Springs|
|Hours per week||38 ($21.92)|
We are seeking an experienced Shift Manager to work within a well established family company in the Northern Territory. The company runs a working cattle station and Wayside Inn located on the Lasseter Hwy just 85km east of Yulara and the Ayers Rock/Olgas National Park. This position is to commence approximately end July/early August 2021.
This is a full time position for the successful candidates. The Shift Manager is a support and operational position to assist with smooth day to day operations across all aspects of the business.
This positions supports, supervises and directs General Support staff as required on a shift basis maintaining priorities as established by senior management.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Supervise the day to day operational aspects of the business including filling staffing gaps, problem solving and addressing enquiries from staff and customers as they arise
- Ensure customer service and revenue focus is fostered within the business.
- Assist with the management of key risk and potential risk areas of the business. This includes the management of cash transactions, occupational health and safety issues, privacy of information and public liability protection.
- Identify and resolve baseline customer complaints.
- Escalate complaints to senior management as necessary.
- Handle normal enquiries via email and phone.
- Assist with regular and normal data entry requirements for accounting and business management purposes. Assist with ordering and purchasing as required.
- Data entry and monitoring of data entry and sales.
- Undertake tour group presentations as required.
- Operate as liaison point for groups as required. Report any maintenance and repairs that may be required, liaise with maintenance staff directly if time sensitive.
- Support and train new staff.
- Cover any shift at any time in any area as required
- Assist/ supervise the preparation, delivery and clean up of functions, events, tour groups and other bookings
- Ability to prioritise and problem solve effectively
- Cash handling experience
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to follow policy, instructions and procedures.
- Punctuality, reliability and willingness to be flexible.
- Ability and willingness to obtain and maintain a Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Certificate.
- Ability to work independently and under minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Current drivers licence Understanding of remote living with its rewards and challenges
- Previous supervisory experience in operations and/or staff
- Previous experience in a service industry for example food and beverage, front office reservations and/or retail.
Accommodation and meals will be available on site at a charge of $175/week. You will work at least 38hrs/ week. Hourly pay rate for a full time employee of $21.92/hour is in line with Level 3 Hospitality Award 2020.