No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Nursery Attendant - Fish Farm NT
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||31014||Location||NT - Darwin|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||50 ks from Darwin|
|Hours per week||38-48 ($26.39)|
Starting as soon as possible, we are seeking a Nursery Attendant to work on site at a rapidly expanding aquaculture farm close to Humpty Doo (50kms South of Darwin).
*** Available for immediate start ***
The role will involve assisting with grading and sorting of live fingerlings (baby fish). Work is undertaken inside nursery facility (note this is a wet area). Specific tasks will include -
- Prepare work area for grading
- Carry hand nets of fingerlings to weigh station
- Transfer hand nets of graded fingerlings to allocated tanks (under direction)
- Clean work area after grade is completed
- Clean nursery tanks
- Clean and put away tools and equipment
- Feed and monitor fish health
To be successful, you will need to demonstrate -
- Ability to work for extended periods in wet area
- Ability to climb in and out of nursery tanks
- Be able to swim
- Own transport to be available to work a minimum of 38 hours a week in remote location
- Must be available to work on days that align with grading schedules
- Demonstrate ability to use common language skills, spoken English essential
On the job training is provided to meet specific organizational requirements however previous aquaculture experience is desirable.
To APPLY register at www.thejobshop.com.au providing your up-to-date resume and 1 recent work referee.