No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Harvest Hands for Fish Farm
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||31013||Location||NT - Darwin|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||50 kms south of Darwin|
|Hours per week||38+ ($26.39)|
We require 1 energetic Harvest Hand for full time work on an aquaculture (fish) farm near Humpty Doo, NT (50 minutes south of Darwin).
The role will entail the following responsibilities:
- Prepare slurry bins for harvest, ensuring hygiene standards are met
- Under supervision, assist in dragging nets and guiding ropes
- Tie ropes and nets according to instructions given
- Scoop fish into net and release nets into bins
- Cover fish with ice
- Operate plant, equipment and vehicles as required
- Clean work area, tools and equipment thoroughly at the end of each day
- Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with the relevant health and safety, quality and environmental standards and company risk assessments/work instructions.
- Complete all necessary records associated with the carrying out and completion of work.
- Be proactive and show initiative, ensuring that all tasks and are completed accurately and in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Represent HDB in a professional manner at all times.
- Carry out other duties as directed.
The job requires you to get into the fish ponds, so applicants must be able to swim.
Additional packing shed duties may include processing and packing fish, operating bin tippers and graders, loading/unloading bins and cleaning.
You should have the following skills and experience:
- Good physical fitness level and ability to work outdoors in the heat
- Ability to work long hours when required to meet production requirements (up to 10 hours per day)
- Machinery operation experience, small motors, pumps, motor vehicles small tractors.
- Previous aquaculture experience would be advantageous.
Own transportation required to get to work site each day and local accommodation in Humpty Doo. This is a great ongoing job for someone looking for long-term, reliable work in the Darwin area.
To APPLY visit www.thejobshop.com.au providing your up to date resume and one recent work referee.