No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Farm Hands - Katherine, NT
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||31009||Location||NT - Regional|
|Duration||1 month +||Suburb||Katherine|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||325kms South of Darwin|
|Hours per week||38 ($24.80)|
An established melon farm are looking for a farm hand/labourer to work near Katherine (300 kms south of Darwin).
The main responsibility will be:
Hooking the tape up
General farm duties
Applicants should :
- Have some farm / outdoor labouring experience and a good level of physical fitness
- Be fluent in spoken English and have great communication skills
- Be flexible and able to cope with change and varying work conditions
- Have a manual driving licence (own transport advantageous)
- Be able to work independently using initiative and as part of a bigger team
- Be self motivated with a positive can do attitude
A knowledge of irrigation systems and a qualification in Horticulture would be beneficial but not essential.
Mobile and internet reception can be limited. Work will be for 5 days a week for at least 8 hours per day. Some weekend work may be required. Working hours may vary depending on weather conditions. Applicants should be able to commit to this work for at least 1 month.
Donga style basic accommodation is provided on the farm (at cost) and staying in the farm accommodation is recommended. Own transport is essential due to the location 20kms from the nearest town and you will need to have a manual driving licence.
Register and APPLY at www.thejobshop.com.au providing an up to date resume and a recent work reference.
This job will count for visa extension for workers on 417 and 462 visas.