No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Therapeutic Care Worker - Katherine
20 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||31005||Location||NT - Regional|
|Hours per week||20+ ($28.41)|
Therapeutic Care Worker - Katherine
• Make a difference in the lives of children, young people, families and communities across the Northern Territory, particularly Aboriginal and culturally and linguistically diverse groups
• Casual positions available offering PT and FT hours, opportunity for P/PT
• Starting rate $28.41 per hour + 25% loading for casuals Job description
• Newly created positions, with a fantastic opportunity to grow your career in a regional location
• Excellent remuneration package | Roles sought for both Darwin and Katherine
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION: They are a not-for-profit organisation providing a range of specialised care services for children and young people and families with complex trauma-based needs and for people with disabilities. We support children, young people and families, people with disability and people with mental illness. Our programs include Therapeutic Intensive Residential Care, Intensive Family Preservation, Therapeutic Foster Care, Restoration, and other associated care types, we are a registered NDIS provider and operate a social enterprise Maintenance and repairs business. We have approximately 450 employees working in communities across NSW, Queensland, and the Northern Territory.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our young people to ensure we can support each individuals need and wants. We value equal employment opportunity and encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply. About the Role Working with the ITRC model you will strive to enhance the lives of young people in our Residential out of home care program incorporating a therapeutic, trauma informed approach. Working with the young people you will help create a home like environment and tailor your support to the individual needs of each young person. Supporting young people to attain their educational goals, undertake extracurricular activities in line with their interests and supporting their connection to community and family.
Please note: Our residential youth programs in Katherine run a 24/7 roster model. Therefore, successful candidates will be required to work a range of shifts including weekends, active nights, sleepovers, and public holidays.
• Form and maintain professional, nurturing relationships with children and young people by building trust through visible interest and active engagement
• Act as an appropriate adult role model, seeking to engage young people in purposeful activities aimed at developing life skills and self-worth
• Support the involvement of family and where applicable, facilitate family visits/connection and the promotion of positive family relationships with children and young people, to suit individual needs
• Promote and encourage positive relationships with peers and other persons significant to the child/young person
• Assist the child/young person to participate as full as possible in making decisions about the activities undertaken
• Demonstrate an empathic understanding of complex trauma, incorporating this understanding into everyday interactions, as well as responding to pain-based behaviour in a sensitive and non-punitive way.
Skills & Experience
• Either hold or be actively working towards a formal qualification in allied health, community services or family support. A Certificate IV or higher will be required
• Valid unrestricted Australian drivers licence
• Valid First Aid Certificate and CPR Certification. Must be obtained at your own cost.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check, Working with Children Check and Child Protection History Check.
To apply please register at www.thejobshop.com.au and upload your resume with 2 recent referees.