No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Welfare Officer - NT
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||30968||Location||NT - Regional|
|Industry||Administration||Direction||300 kms South of Darwin|
|Hours per week||2 - 20 ($25 - 30)|
The Job Shop, has been in operation since 2005. We operate a dynamic and unique employment agency specialising in providing staffing solutions using permanent residents, seasonal workers, travellers and students. We fill a range of positions mainly in Western Australia and the Northern Territory but do have regular clients in the Eastern States. The industries our business operates in are; Agriculture (including mixed farming, horticulture and silviculture) Aquaculture, Hospitality, Trades and Labour (construction & machinery operation), Administration and Events.
In February 2017, we became an “Approved Employer” under the Seasonal Worker Programme (SWP). This program allows for seasonal workers from Timor Leste and other, mostly Pacific Islands nations, to work in Australia for up to 9 months.
Objective of the Role
To build genuine rapport with each Seasonal Worker during their stay in Australia to ensure they are productively performing at work and enjoying the cultural exchange that living in Australia under the SWP provides.
The Welfare Officer will be based in Katherine and will be responsible for:
- Developing trust, respect and clear communication channels with each seasonal worker
- Providing social support for seasonal workers
- Identifying any issues that may be impacting on seasonal workers. It may be work related, social, family or other
- Encouraging the seasonal worker to integrate into the community via church, sporting and other community and social activities
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate proven capacity to:
- Develop their own and others’ understanding about the Seasonal Workers Programme
- Communicate effectively with seasonal workers and have highly developed interpersonal and organisational skills
- Show sensitivity to seasonal workers experiencing personal, social or work related problems.
- Liaise effectively with colleagues regarding pastoral concerns with the seasonal workers.
- Ensure confidentiality and privacy in accordance with policy and protocol.
- Provide weekly reports to the Operations Manager
Terms and Remuneration
This position is casual and the range of commitment could be from 2 hours per week up to 20 hours depending on the number of Seasonal Workers in your location. Current drivers license and own vehicle essential
Hourly pay rate $25-$30.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening hours are Monday - Friday 8.00am - 4.00pm.