No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Roadhouse Cook/Chef (NT)
1 position(s) | 17 Jul 2020 - 6-12 months
|Job #||30814||Location||NT - Regional|
|Duration||6-12 months||Suburb||Northern Territory|
|Hours per week||38 ($28.38)|
A remote roadhouse/pub/restaurant is looking for an experienced & qualified Cook/Chef to join their team starting from 17th July 2020.
This is a 6-12 month position.
This person will be responsible for overseeing all AM and PM kitchen operations, daily communication and liaising with the 2nd chef to ensure the kitchen runs smoothly. You must have experience running a kitchen on your own.
AM hours are approx. 6:15am until 2.30pm, PM hours are approx. 2pm – 9.30pm. Staff work a 6 day roster.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Determining the ingredients and equipment to be maintained in the kitchen
- Planning the menus in consultation with managers
- Monitoring the quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation
- Discussing food preparation issues with manager and kitchen and wait staff
- Advising on cooking procedures and training AM/PM cooks when required
- Supervision of all kitchen staff
- Training of kitchen staff
- Supervising inventory and stock control
- Dealing with suppliers
- Maintaining the budgetary targets
- Ensuring that health and safety standards are maintained
- Reviewing the daily kitchen roster of the different tasks in the kitchen
Skills and qualifications:
- Formal qualifications or relevant experience
- Experience running a kitchen on your own as the main Chef
- Must have a passion and love for food
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Work well under pressure
- Good attention to detail
Starting pay rates are:
$28.38 Monday - Friday
Accommodation is provided for $120/week which covers your own single, air-con room and three meals a day. Discounted store items available ie. soft drinks, chocolate, personal items, etc. Great value!
Possible sponsorship opportunity for the right person.
This position will count towards visa extension for people on a 462 Working Holiday Visa.