No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
2 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||30645||Location||NT - Darwin|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||50 kms south of Darwin|
|Hours per week||40+ ($26.67)|
We require 2 Aquaculture Technicians for full time work on an aquaculture (fish) farm near Humpty Doo, NT (40 minutes south of Darwin).
Work will be 4 days on, 3 days off with an average of 40+ hours over the 4 days rostered Sunday - Wednesday.
Purpose of the Position: Responsible for implementing fish production activities and monitoring fish health and welfare in the nursery and grow out ponds, and in the hatchery, breeding, spawning and rearing of baby barramundi and handle the fry until they are transported to the farm nursery.
- Formal aquaculture qualifications - Minimum Certificate III in Aquaculture
- Relevant industry and/or aquaculture farming/production experience
- Demonstrated understanding of pond farming practices, including water quality monitoring and adjustment, fish health assessment and experience in collecting, collating and analysing data to determine corrective action and/or optimisation opportunities
- Commitment to working safely and follow WHS and other company policies and procedures
- Ability and willingness to work in challenging environmental conditions, including outdoors, in water and/or wet areas and/or hot and humid conditions
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate records and complete associated administrative processes
- Willingness to take responsibility for own actions, follow instructions and demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to work safely with minimal supervision but be able to take direction
- Ability to maintain a positive, enthusiastic and professional approach under times of pressure
- Well-developed ability to interact with colleagues in a positive, courteous and respectful manner
- Punctual and reliable approach to work hours and professional attitude
- NT class C manual driver’s license
- Forklift Licence
- Current First Aid certificate
Tasks and Responsibilities
These may include but not be limited to:
- Feeding fish
- Cleaning and maintaining tanks
- Checking and cleaning screens
- Grading fish
- Maintaining oxygen and changing tanks
- Responding to oxygen alarms
- Disinfection and fallow
- Fish Health behaviour and observation checks
Own transportation required to get to work site each day or local accommodation in Humpty Doo.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a full position description. This is a great ongoing job for someone looking for long-term, reliable work in the Darwin area. We are open to considering a backpacker with relevant experience for the position.
To APPLY visit www.thejobshop.com.au providing your up to date resume and one recent work referee.