No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Chef de Partie for Kimberley Resort - Kununurra, WA
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||30454||Location||WA - Regional|
|Industry||Cooking||Direction||800 km from Darwin|
|Hours per week||40 ($Fixed term contract)|
A popular resort in Kununurra, WA requires
an experienced Chef de Partie to work a varied roster across breakfast, lunch and dinner shifts.
The resort has high quality menus which showcase premium local ingredients catering for tour groups, as well as an a la carte menu catering to both tourists and locals.
As Chef de Partie you will be responsible for contributing to the efficient and profitable functioning of the kitchen.
To be successful in the role you must be able to demonstrate the following skills -
- Prepare a variety of food styles in a commercial kitchen
- Experience with a la carte, buffet, set menus across breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Maintain a high level of food preparation
- Manage stock rotation and safe food handling practices
- Work independently and as part of a multi-cultural team
- Effective verbal and written skills
- Time management and decision making
Pay rate will depend on experience and is on a fixed term contract:
- Cooks can expect $20.92/hr weekdays, $26.15 Saturdays and $35.56 Sundays
- Qualified chefs will be paid $25.00/hr Monday to Friday plus HIGA Penalty Rates
This is a full time fixed term contract until 31st Oct 2020.
Accommodation in shared accommodation available onsite for a nominal rent for the right applicant.
This is a fantastic job for an experienced cook or chef who would like to be based in the Kimberley. The weather is beautiful and there is lots to do outside of work such as hiking, swimming, fishing, camping etc.
This role will count for visa extension for people on a 462 Work and Holiday visa.