No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Agricultural Technical Officer for Piggery
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||30435||Location||WA - Perth|
|Hours per week||38 + overtime ($24.36)|
A position exists for a qualified and experienced Agricultural Technical Officer on a large piggery (pig breeder farm) in Western Australia. This is a permanent opportunity offering sponsorship for the right applicant.
This role will be heavily involved with livestock in either the gestation, farrowing or breeder developer sections of the farm. Duties will include artificial Insemination, selection of breeding stock, liquid feeding, general care and welfare of animals, and treatment/vaccinations.
Minimum requirements include:
- Certificate 3 in Agriculture (Pig Production) or equivalent
- At least three years of demonstrated recent and relevant work experience in medium to large size commercial piggeries
- Knowledge of computers and production paperwork is preferred
- Capable of hands-on work in any aspect of pig production
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Knowledge of farrowing procedures such as: care of sows prior farrowing, piglet treatment and processing and weaning would be highly regarded
Typical work hours are 38 per week Monday-Friday, plus some occasional overtime and weekend work. Excellent English and your own transport is essential.
The rate of pay is $24.36/hour weekdays, $34.11/hour Saturdays and $43.85/hour Sundays.
People who pass a minimum 6-12 month probation period will be offered full time work on a salary.