No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Roadhouse Cook/Chef - Northern Territory
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||30310||Location||NT - Regional|
|Duration||6 months - ongoing||Suburb||Northern Territory|
|Industry||Cooking||Direction||280kms from Katherine, NT|
|Hours per week||38 ($28.38)|
A popular remote roadhouse on the border of WA/NT is looking for an experienced Cook/Chef to join their team.
This person will be responsible for overseeing all kitchen operations, daily communication and liaising with the 2nd chef to ensure the kitchen runs smoothly between 7am – 9pm. Chefs must keep in regular communication with the management and wait staff.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Determining the ingredients and equipment to be maintained in the kitchen
- Planning the menus in consultation with managers
- Monitoring the quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation
- Discussing food preparation issues with manager and kitchen and wait staff
- Advising on cooking procedures and training AM/PM cooks when required
- Supervision of all kitchen staff
- Training of kitchen staff
- Supervising inventory and stock control
- Dealing with suppliers
- Maintaining the budgetary targets
- Ensuring that health and safety standards are maintained
- Reviewing the daily kitchen roster of the different tasks in the kitchen
Skills and qualifications:
- Formal qualifications or relevant experience
- Must have a passion and love for food
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Works well under pressure
- Good attention to detail
Starting pay rates are:
$28.38 Monday - Friday
There is an option of a fulltime salary for long-term applicants.
Accommodation is provided for $120/week which covers your own single, air-con room and three meals a day. Discounted store items available ie. soft drinks, chocolate, personal items, etc. Great value!
This is a great way to experience the outback and meet a lot friendly and outgoing people. Outside of work there is plenty do such as go hiking, visit El Questro / The Kimberley, fishing, swimming etc.
Possible sponsorship opportunity for the right person. Our current two Chefs have been working at the roadhouse for 3 years.
This position will count towards visa extension for people on a 462 Working Holiday Visa.