No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Pond Maintenance Labourer - Fish Farm NT
2 position(s) | 18 Sep 2019 - 1 week +
|Job #||29994||Location||NT - Darwin|
|Duration||1 week +||Suburb||Middle Point|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||50 kms from Darwin|
|Hours per week||48 ($25.60)|
Starting Wednesday 18 September, we are seeking a fish pond assistant for the maintenance team on site at a rapidly expanding aquaculture farm close to Humpty Doo (60kms South of Darwin).
You will be involved in all aspects of pond maintenance work participating in the following activities on the farm :
- Basic net mending duties
- Harvest set up and pack down procedures
- Net run and harvest activities
- Ice making and aerating
- Farm husbandry and weed management
- Fish husbandry including feeding and removing fish mortalities as required
- Learn basic knot tying skills
- Operate the feed loader under supervision
- Record feed & fish data
- Undertake some vehicle maintenance
You should be able to :
- Work outdoors and be able to swim (as you will need to enter the water)
- Demonstrate excellent observation skills
- Record data quickly and accurately and pay attention to detail
Please only apply if you :
- Are eligible to work in Australia
- Have your driver’s licence and own transport
Previous aquaculture experience and the ability to operate a truck & forklift under supervision will be advantageous but are not essential.
An induction will take place on the farm before you start work. Normal working hours will be from Wednesday to Saturday starting at 6:30am to 19:00 (48 hours a week).
This work will be eligible for visa extension if you are travelling on a 417 / 462 WHV.
To APPLY register at www.thejobshop.com.au and apply via the website providing your up to date resume.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.