No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Permanent Cropping Farm Hand
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||29585||Location||WA - Regional|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||3.5 hours Southeast of Perth (330 kms)|
|Hours per week||45 ($negotiable)|
A broadacre cropping and sheep enterprise located in Hyden WA, the farm runs a 6000ha cropping program and a 3000 merino ewe flock. The farm is based 3km from Hyden, a close knit community with a primary school, shops, pool and sporting facilities. This is a growing enterprise with a strong work ethic and they are very excited to welcome a new team member into the business.
About the Role
You will be working along side the owners and other staff in a highly motivated and supportive team. This role will be about 75% cropping and 25% livestock.
The man role will be to assist with all aspects of cereal crop production. You will also be required to assist with the livestock business where suitable. The position is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to expand on their current experience with potential for growth into a farm management role in the future.
The Successful Candidate will ideally have:
- Broadacre cropping experience with modern equipment
- Prior Boom spray experience
- Possess an MC truck licence (or be able to obtain)
- Hold and Chem cert and first aid certificate (or be able to obtain)
Other Desirable Attributes:
- Highly motivated
- Uses initiative
- Able to work both independently and in a team
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Operating Modern GPS guided machinery to a high standard.
- Mixing Chemicals and operation of boom spray
- Operating a DBS bar and airseeder during seeding
- Operating a header and/or chaser bin during harvest
- Operating spreading equipment
- Servicing, adjusting and preparing equipment and machinery used in seeding, harvest, spraying, spreading and transport.
- Assisting with casuals and seasonal staff
- Assisting with monitoring and maintaining sheep on the farm and fencing where required.