No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Admin/Crop Monitoring - North Queensland
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||29524||Location||QLD - Regional|
|Industry||Administration||Direction||100km SW of Cairns|
|Hours per week||40+ ($$25)|
A large mango producer with sites across Queensland is seeking an Office all-rounder/Crop monitor to join their operations based near Mutchilba, QLD.
This is an interesting and varied role and the main responsibilities of this job are to provide accounting and administration support to the Farm and Packhouse in an efficient and effective manner for 2 days a week. On the other 3 days a week you will be required to work in the field monitoring flowering and fruit set, pest and disease and provide reports to the Farm Manager and other key personnel.
Accounting/admin key responsibilities include -
- Enter payroll hours and timesheets
- Complete individual staff paperwork for new employees
- Maintain and file Employee Training Records (Post-pack, Grading Packing, Forklift, QC).
- Performance (KPI) reporting
- Suppliers’ invoicing
- Raise purchase orders and maintain purchase orders register
- Inventory and Asset management
- General administration
- Observe the Company’s operational policies and practices
Crop Monitoring keys tasks include -
- Complete weekly monitoring of flowering and fruit set
- Record the results, prepare trend reports and report important findings
- Complete the annual crop monitor training required by the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources (DAWR)
- Record the results of export monitoring and report results
- Other tasks related to crop monitoring as requested by the Farm Manager
Qualifications/skills required -
- Work experience in crop monitoring
- Experience in administration and accounting systems
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management and attention to detail
- Tertiary education in horticulture production is preferred but not essential
- Drivers licence
Working hours will be at least 40 per week.
This is a permanent ongoing position with Australia's largest grower of KP mangoes. The business is steadily expanding across Queensland and the Northern Territory and this is an excellent opportunity if you are committed to forging a career in horticulture with one of Australia's leading producers.
Wages are starting at $25 per hour on a casual basis.
To APPLY register at www.thejobshop.com.au providing your resume and 1 recent work referee
POSITION AVAILABLE TO PERMANENT RESIDENTS ONLY.