No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Farm Supervisor - North Queensland
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||29522||Location||QLD - Regional|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||100kms South West of Cairns|
|Hours per week||40+ ($$27.00)|
Starting as soon as possible we are seeking a Farm Supervisor to assist in managing farm operations for the leading producer of Australia's favourite mango variety in Mutchilba, QLD.
Key tasks include -
- Implement weekly and seasonal plans – canopy management, irrigation, nutrition, pest and disease management, weed and inter-row management, other farm operations
- Maintain records of farm operations – pruning, application of pesticides, fungicides, herbicide and crop regulators, termite activity and treatment, irrigation scheduling and application, bore/channel monitoring, fertigation, soil and foliar fertiliser application, soil and leaf sample collection, sprayer calibration
- Complete vehicle and machinery maintenance plan, monitor the operation of vehicles and machinery and report if repairs and maintenance are required, maintain a record of repairs and maintenance
- Complete stocktakes of chemicals, fertilisers and fuel and maintain chemical and fertiliser inventories and fuel consumption records
- Maintain storage areas for chemicals, fertilisers, fuel and machinery
- Organise pick-up and delivery of farm materials ordered, reconcile deliveries against orders and check the quality of materials delivered
- Maintain farm buildings, structures and storage areas and control weeds and vermin
- Supervise casual staff as required
- Supervise the entry of contractors and completion of jobs
- Supervise the entry of visitors
- Other tasks as requested by the Farm Manager
- Comply with company Policies and Code of Conduct
- Good skills in horticulture farm operations
- Capable of completing basic equipment repairs and maintenance
- Drivers licence
- Farm chemical user training certificate
- Good computer skills – familiar with Microsoft Office
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management and attention to detail
Working hours will be at least 40 per week with some weekend work required.
This is a permanant ongoing position with Australia's largest grower of KP mangoes. The business is steadily expanding across Queensland and the Northern Territory and this is an excellent opportunity if you are committed to forging a career in horticulture with one of Australia's leading producers.
Wages are starting at $27 per hour on a casual basis. Accommodation may be available on site at the discretion of the management.
To APPLY register at www.thejobshop.com.au providing your resume and 1 recent work referee
POSITION AVAILABLE TO PERMANENT RESIDENTS ONLY.