No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Cropping Manager - Wongan Hills, WA
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||29466||Location||WA - Regional|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||2 hours northeast of Perth|
|Hours per week||45 ($salary)|
Our client, a 3300 ha grain, hay and wool production enterprise, requires an experienced cropping manager for their operation.
The position is as an assistant manager, reporting to the farm owner.
The cropping manager will be involved in:
- Winter cropping operation 3,000 ha, which includes wheat, oaten hay, barley, lupins and canola.
- Maintenance & operate machinery & equipment including manufacturing, fabrication & workshop operations
- Supporting role in managing the flock of self replacing merino ewe flock at Moora.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop a strong relationship with farm owner and other staff members to ensure the successful implementation of planned goals.
- Awareness of cost control, time management & resource management.
- Ability to develop agronomic skills with regard to weed, insect and disease management. Liaise with agronomist.
- Propose improvements to further financial outcomes and improve ways of doing things.
- Ensure that operational goals are met.
- Efficient supervision of contract and seasonal staff as required.
- Ensure personal and professional development, to create a culture of learning within the farm.
- Ensure the farm is a safe and compliant work place according to relevant occupational health and safety legislation
Machinery and Equipment:
• DBS Seeder bar 18m • Flexicoil air cart 50 series VRT • Hydraboom 7000lt 36m • Agrispread AS130 Spreader • JD 9870 Harvester • Class 760T Harvester • Claas 930 FWA x 2 • JD 8330 FWA • JD 9570R 4WD • JCB Fast track 3220 • MF Baler 2170 & Claas 5100 • Claas Triple deck Mowers • Kenworth Trucks x 2 • Claas telehandler • Komatsu 480 Loader
- Annual salary based on experience, from $85 - $100K, plus superannuation.
- Accommodation provided in Wongan Hills (not on farm)
- Training and development opportunities
- Work vehicle
This role is ideal for someone with very strong broadacre cropping experience who is interested in taking the next step towards farm management. Excellent location and property.
Wongan Hills is located two hours northeast of Perth. The popularion is about 1460 people and it has an excellent retail and secondary agriculture business sector. The town has a resident GP, Denist and parti-time allied health services. There are sporting facilities and primary and secondary schools in the area.
Please contact Sky on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0437 683 393 for any questions or to submit your application. All enquiries will be kept confidential.