No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Farm Manager - Esperance, WA
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||29463||Location||WA - Regional|
|Hours per week||45 ($generous salary)|
Here is a rare opportunity to manage and develop a privately owned farm that embraces modern sustainable practices and investment in using the latest techniques and technology!
The property is 9500ha of continuous cropping, a controlled traffic farm using variable rate technology (VRT). All machinery is modern and in excellent condition.
There are 3 full time workers on the farm (including this position) and between 2-5 casual staff at seeding and harvest.
The Farm Manager role will include:
· Day to day management of farm business
· Staff supervision and training
· Working closely with Operations Manager, Agronomist, other consultants and agents
· Machinery operation (occasional)
· Reporting directly to the owner
This is a hands-on management role, great for a manager who does not want to be stuck in the office all day!
To be successful in the role you will need the following skills and experience:
· Experience of modern farming practices and an interest in technology to increase productivity
· Qualifications in Agriculture, Agribusiness or previous experience in a farm management role
· Strong communication skills to be able to delegate staff and train and supervise casual workers
· Excellent machinery operating abilities with all broad hectare equipment
· Commitment to operating within a safe and efficient work environment
· Strong work ethic and a desire to see things done properly in a team
· Executive-level salary, negotiated based on experience
· Recently renovated 4 bedroom home with power and gas provided
· Vehicle for work purposes
The home is located 55km from Esperance and 23km from Scaddan Primary School. Primary and high school bus stops nearby. Excellent proximity to Esperance and all local facilities.
This is an exciting role with a well-established, modern, forward-thinking farm. The Job Shop has recruited for this employer for many years and has consistently received excellent feedback from all staff.
The employer is a registered sponsor, so we are open to applications from candidates who require sponsorship or are already on a sponsored visa and want to change employers.
All applications treated in the strictest of confidence. Please email resumes to email@example.com or ring 0437 683 393 for more information.