No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Chefs for Remote Kimberley Resort
4 position(s) | 15 Apr 2019 - 4 - 6 months
|Job #||29057||Location||WA - Regional|
|Duration||4 - 6 months||Suburb||Kimberley Region|
|Hours per week||40 ($30.05)|
We have several exciting opportunities for experienced and enthusiastic Chef de Parties for the upcoming 2019 tourist season at a unique and remote location in The Kimberley.
Vacancies have arisen in two areas of a busy and popular tourist resort. Both venues serve breakfast, lunch and dinner in a variety of formats in addition to catering for tours and activities -
- A classic steakhouse which and also runs a seasonal pizza and burger BBQ and weekly BBQ buffet.
- An 80 seat buffet area along with a 40 seat modern australian a’ la carte restaurant.
We are searching for creative chefs who have a passion for producing the finest dishes using local and seasonal produce, and who enjoy adventure and new challenges.
To be succesful in the role you will need to demonstrate -
- Proven experience in a kitchen in an a’ la carte restaurant or similar venue
- Hands on working knowledge of buffet and function service
- Attention to detail and ability to achieve highest standards of food quality
- A passion for food and creative flair
- Butchery and pastry experience (Desirable)
- Proven success in managing, developing and motivating a small kitchen team
- Demonstrated track record meeting financial targets for food and labour costs
- Sound knowledge of HACCP and ability to maintain cleanliness and food safety regulations
- Friendly and flexible disposition that provides high levels of guest service and encourages feedback
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- High level of professionalism in the workplace
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Personal grooming standards suited to a guest focused business
- Certificate III or IV in Commercial Cooking.
- Senior First Aid (Desirable)
Wages are on a casual rate - $30.05 Mon - Fri with penalty rates paid for weekends and public holidays. Accommodation and meals are provided on site for $125/week.
This is a remote role, where you will be living and working in a remote location for the duration of the season. As such, please consider the reality of living in a remote location for an extended period of time.
This is an amazing opportunity to experience a different way of life in outback Australia. Explore the unique gorges and waterfalls, go hiking, fishing or for 4 wheel driving on your days off!
This job will count towards 2nd year visa for 462 visa holders!