No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Office Administrator - starting July 2019
1 position(s) | 1 Jul 2019 - Permanent
|Job #||29056||Location||NT - Darwin|
|Industry||Administration||Direction||60 kms south of Darwin|
|Hours per week||38 ($Neg.)|
Starting July 2019, we require an organised and efficient Office Administrator to join a small and friendly team at their farm in Lambells Lagoon (50kms South of Darwin). You will be working at a busy family run mango farm and responsible for overseeing operations in the office with guidance from the Office Manager.
Based in the main office you will be the first point of contact for the business. This will be a highly varied role and no two days will be the same! Typical duties will include -
- Oversee day-to-day operation of business office
- General office duties - answering calls and taking messages, scanning documents and checking mail
- Recording the financial transactions of a business in bookkeeping software, spreadsheets or databases
- BAS / IAS lodgement and superannuation lodgement
- Arranging payment of accounts and preparing and sending invoices
- Processing payroll and maintaining employee records / tracking staff timesheets
- Carrying out bank reconciliations and relevant reporting
- Recording logistics and transport related information - communicating with transport carriers, organising paperwork, checking transport manifests, checking receivals and pallets
- Data validation of computerised reports and error checking
- Reconciling charges and payments for clients
- Hiring seasonal employees in collaboration with local employment agencies and delivering induction training to seasonal employees
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate -
- Previous office administration experience
- Good computer skills - use of MS Office advantageous
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate well with others and work as a team
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads
- Fluent spoken and written English
Knowledge of transport and logisitics would be advantaegous.
This role is a full time permanent position. Wages are negotiable depending on experience and following a probationary period. You will need to be flexible as working hours will be in line with operational requirements throughtout the busiest time of year which is from September to November. Some days may exceed 8 hours and work at weekend may be required during the peak of the season.
Own transport will be required to travel to and from work.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced administrator to join a very successful agriculture buisiness in the North.
*** Australian residents are strongly encouraged to apply ***
To APPLY register at www.thejobshop.com.au including your up to date resume and one recent work referee.