No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Operations Manager for Cropping Farm - Esperance Area
1 position(s) | 18 Mar 2019 - permanent
|Job #||28967||Location||WA - Regional|
|Hours per week||45 ($negotiable salary)|
Our client, a 9500 ha continuous cropping, controlled traffic farm, is seeking an operations manager for their business. This role can start either before seeding (March-April) or just after seeding in June-July.
The property is extremely well-run, using the very latest equipment and technology available to agriculture today, including CTF and Variable Rate Technology (VRT) systems. All machinery is modern and in excellent condition: Claas harvesters, John Deere self-propelled spray rigs, Cat Challengers with Morris seeding bars and John Deere tractors.
There are 3 full time staff working on the farm (including this position) and between 2-4 casuals during seeding and harvest.
The Operations management role will include a combination of supervising farm operations and staff as well as some machinery operating. The role will likely be 50% operations and 50% machinery operating, with more management responsibility given once skill and experience are demonstrated.
Applicants for this position should have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent machinery operating abilities with all broadacre equipment (seeding, spraying, harvest, etc)
- Strong communication skills to be able to delegate tasks to staff and train and supervise casuals
- Knowledge of modern farming practices and interest in technology to increase productivity
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Commitment to operating within a safe and efficient work environment
- Strong work ethic and desire to see things done properly in a team
- A degree in agriculture or agribusiness is preferred
The remuneration package for this role includes:
- Generous annual salary, negotiable based on experience level
- Well-kept 4-bedroom house with newly remodelled kitchen, wrap-around verandas and established yard. Power and gas provided at no cost.
- Vehicle for work purposes
The house is 65kms from Esperance and 23 kms from the Scaddan primary school. There is a bus stop nearby that goes to Esperance for high school.
The Job Shop have recruited for this employer for several years and we consistently received excellent feedback from staff. Full-time staff have been with the business for years and casuals always return for 2nd and 3rd seasons.
This is an ideal role for an agricultural professional looking to take the next step towards farm management with an established and reputable employer. The farmer focuses on efficiency in their operations and encourages staff to have a good work/lifestyle balance.
Please contact Sky on 0437 683 393 for a confidential discussion about the role. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com