No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
2 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||28945||Location||WA - Regional|
|Duration||2-3 months||Suburb||Marble Bar|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||1600kms North of Perth|
|Hours per week||50 ($weekly)|
A 250,000 hectare family-owned cattle station in the Pilbara area of Western Australia requires two stationhands to start around the end of February for 2-3 months, potentially longer for the right person.
Main duties will include:
- Assisting the station mechanic with mechanical, maintenance and welding duties
- Setting up new bores
- Preparing equipment for mustering
- Cleaning up sheds and general maintenance around house
- Setting up stock camp and cattle yards for mustering
- Some mustering as it comes into the season
Ideal applicants will have the following skills:
- Mechanical skills/knowledge - a trade qualification would be an advantage
- Farming background or good general hands-on practical abilities
- Steady, organized, neat and tidy approach to work
- Driver's license
- Good level of english
Weekly pay is $900 for 5 days of work. Staff generally work 10 hours each day but must be willing to be flexible. All meals and accommodation are included on the station for free.
This is a friendly crew and place to work. The station is located only 100kms from the northern coast, so outside of work there is plenty of opportunity for exploring the beautiful local area.