No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Packing Shed Manager - Kununurra
1 position(s) | 1 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
|Job #||28933||Location||WA - Regional|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||3300 NEof Perth|
|Hours per week||50 ($tbc)|
Located 15kms north of Kununurra, our clients packing shed is an established, progressive family-owned business that packs melons and pumpkins for local growers in the Ord River Irrigation Area. With a continued emphasis on quality production and growth they are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated and hands-on Packing Shed Manager to join the team.
You will be responsible for the successful operation and management of the Packing Shed.
- Daily management, supervision and rostering of the packing team (up to 15 people)
- Ensure adequate packaging levels are maintained to support production objectives
- Report on daily performance and productivity
- Organise production lines to ensure maximum efficiency
- Ensure staff follow safety policies and relevant WHS legislations at all times
- Tracking and recording stock use
To be successful in this role you will ideally possess, and be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Previous experience in a managerial role supervising efficient, modern production lines
- Experience with produce graders (MAF) or similar vision grading systems will be highly advantageous along with integrated warehouse/inventory management systems
- Experience trouble shooting, resolving issues and making swift decisions in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and be a team player who can work effectively with people from different backgrounds
- Have a good working knowledge of OH&S
- Willingness and flexibility to work extended hours during peak harvest season, April – October, with extended time off between November and March
The ideal candidate will have an excellent track record in people management and will be able to deal with the responsibilities that come with a dynamic business.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered for the right candidate based on experience and relevant qualifications.
To apply, please register your details at www.thejobshop.com.au and apply for this role through our system.
Candidates with no horticulture experience but excellent people management skills and the capacity to learn quickly are encouraged to apply.
This position is open to Australian residents only