No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Farm Manager - North Queensland
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||28914||Location||QLD - Regional|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||60 kms from Townsville|
|Hours per week||40 ($Neg.)|
The leading producer of Australia's favourite mango variety is seeking an experienced Farm Manager to manage the day to day running of their rapidly expanding mango plantation 60kms from Townsville.
Specific tasks include :
- Responsibility for field activities, tree health, fruit quality and quantity, and the welfare of staff, farm, infrastructure and resources
- Supervising field activities including tractor driving, slashing, fertigating, irrigating, pruning, crop applications, farm management and maintenance (mainly some routine equipment and irrigation maintenance)
- Supervising and managing casual labour employed on the plantation
- Working with internal and external consultants to implement seasonal plans and processes • Constantly striving to improve the efficiency and profitability of the plantation
- Working closely with the Harvest Manager and the Packhouse Manager during harvest (November - December)
- Recommending improvements and innovations in the production processes
The preferred applicant will be required to work in a team environment, focused on achieving company goals and objectives. This is an excellent opportunity if you are committed to forging a career in horticulture with one of Australia's leading producers.
This is a live on farm position. An attractive package is offered, including a competitive salary in line with experience, company vehicle and family accommodation.
This role is available to permanent residents only.
Closing date will be Friday 15 March 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.