No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Katherine Site Manager - NT
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||28913||Location||NT - Regional|
|Hours per week||40 ($Neg.)|
The leading producer of Australia's favourite mango variety is seeking an experienced Site Manager to oversee the day to day running of a medium sized mango plantation near Katherine, NT.
Specific tasks include :
- Responsibility for field activities, tree health, fruit quality and quantity, and the welfare of staff, farm, infrastructure and resources
- Supervising field activities including tractor driving, slashing, fertigating, irrigating, pruning, crop applications, farm management and maintenance (mainly some routine equipment and irrigation maintenance)
- Supervising and managing casual labour employed on the plantation
- Working with internal and external consultants to implement seasonal plans and processes
- Constantly striving to improve the efficiency and profitability of the plantation
- Working closely with the Harvest Manager and the Packhouse Manager during harvest (August - December)
- Recommending improvements and innovations in the production processes
The preferred applicant will be required to work in a team environment, focused on achieving company goals and objectives.
This is an excellent opportunity if you are committed to forging a career in horticulture with one of Australia's leading producers.
An attractive package is offered, including a competitive salary in line with experience, company vehicle and on-site family accommodation (managers residence).
This role is available to permanent residents only.
Closing date will be Friday 22nd February 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.