No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Full-Time Mixed Cropping Farmhand - Moora, WA
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||28905||Location||WA - Regional|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||160 ks north of Perth|
|Hours per week||45+ ($25+)|
A family-run farm near Moora, WA (2 hours north of Perth) is seeking a full time farmhand. This role will start anytime between now and early April.
The property runs a 4500 ha cropping program as well as 7500 sheep. The position will entail about 80% machinery and maintenance based work on the cropping side of the business and 20% sheep husbandry. All machinery on the property is modern and well-maintained.
The successful applicant will work alongside the farm owner, two full time staff members and 1-2 casuals during seeding and harvest.
Responsibilities will include:
- All broadacre machinery operation for spreading, seeding, spraying and harvest
- Machinery maintenance and repair work
- Sheep work during peak periods
- General farm labouring
- Truck driving
Applicants should have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience operating large-scale broadacre machinery
- Familiarity with GPS autosteer systems
- Good general mechanical skills
- Ability to work on your own as well as in a small team environment
- Good communication and record-keeping skills
- Minimum HR license, with preference for an HC license
This is a full time role paid at an hourly rate negotiated based on experience. Superannuation, 4 weeks holiday leave and sick leave are paid on top of this rate. Staff typically work a 45 hour week with additional hours expected during peak periods of seeding and harvest. A modern 3 bedroom house very close to Moora is included with the package as well as a farm vehicle and communication allowance.
Well-run farm with excellent location right next to Moora and only 2 hours north of Perth. Moora has a great community and everything you need - shopping, medical care, sporting clubs, recreation centre and schooling.
Please contact Sky on 0437 683 393 with any questions about the position and email applications through to firstname.lastname@example.org