No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Assistant Farm Manager
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||28904||Location||WA - Regional|
|Hours per week||45 ($salary)|
Viridis Ag is looking for an assistant farm manager for their 16,000 hectare cropping property (Arawa) near Eneabba, WA (280 kms north of Perth). The farm is run with modern precision agriculture practices and is a Controlled Traffic Farming (CTF) property.
This position is an excellent opportunity for someone to take the next step in their career towards farm management. Previous management experience is desirable, but not essential. Viridis Ag is open to upskilling someone into the role who has demonstrated experience in broadacre cropping and shows the willingness and aptitude to develop their management potential.
This is a full-time position and only suitable for permanent residents.
The Assistant Manager will work with the Farm Manager to oversee the day to day farming operations associated with all aspects of a large broadacre cropping operation including all paddock activities as well as supervision of permanent staff, casual employees and associated contractors.
• Supervision and participation in all farming activities – including operation of modern plant and machinery, precision farming technology, chemical application and workshop tasks
• Model and maintain work practices that meet OH&S standards and provide a safe working environment
• Knowledge and ability to oversee maintenance of farming plant and machinery to a high standard
• Communication skills and records management
• Ability to contribute to and follow farm operational plans
• Ability to provide day to day leadership of an effective team
Suitable candidates for this role will have proven machinery operation and communcation skills, experience in large broad acre cropping programs and a genuine desire to build a career in the industry.
Remuneration package includes:
• Generous annual salary based on experience
• Modern accommodation suitable for a single or family, located on the farm
• Work ute and mobile phone
This position offers positive career development and the opportunity to work on a property dedicated to innovation and efficiency. Please contact Sky on 0437 683 393 for a confidential discussion about the role. To apply, email an updated CV with references to email@example.com