No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Tractor Driver / Spray Operator for Cropping Farm
1 position(s) | 18 Feb 2019 - 5 months
|Job #||28854||Location||WA - Regional|
|Duration||5 months||Suburb||Lake King|
|Hours per week||50+ ($25-27+)|
A 4,500 hectare cropping property in the Lake King area (5 hours southeast of Perth) requires an experienced machinery operator and farmhand for their operation. This job will start in mid/late February.
One of the main responsibilities of the role will be operating a Goldacres Self- Propelled boomspray with a 120 foot boom. Other machinery work will include spreading lime and gypsum, dam cleaning, cultivating and general pre-seeding maintenance.
We are ideally looking for someone with previous spraying experience, however the empoyer is willing to train someone up on the spray rig if they have a strong machinery operating background and good mechanical skills.
Applicants for this role should have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- At least 2 years of experience operating farm or plant machinery
- Good general mechanical skills
- Strong sense of self-motivation and the ability to work unsupervised
- Neat and tidy in machinery and workshop
- Good communication and record-keeping skills
- Genuine interest in agriculture and desire to be a part of a well-run property
In general, work will be Monday-Friday, 45-50+ hours per week. During peak periods spraying, longer hours (70-90) will be required.
Remuneration package includes:
- Hourly pay rate negotiated based on experience level, between $25 - 27/hour+
- Well-kept accommodation in a self-contained cottage
- Fantastic meals when doing long hours for spraying/seeding
- Farm ute for work purposes and occasional use for personal errands
The Job Shop has worked with this employer for over 7 years and have placed around 14 casuals on this farm. Every single person who has worked here has reported back with excellent feedback. The farmer has an open and collaborative style when managing staff and very willing to answer questions and give guidance (if needed) in an approachable way. Team morale is positive and staff feel valued. The farmer's wife is a fantastic cook and no one goes hungry working here! This is an ideal role for someone with good broadacre skills who wants to work in an organized operation where they will be given lots of opportunity and encouragement to learn and grow.