No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Fish Farm Hands x 2
2 position(s) | 16 Jan 2019 - Ongoing
|Job #||28812||Location||NT - Darwin|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||50 ks from Darwin|
|Hours per week||48 ($24.85)|
Starting Wednesday 16th, we are seeking a fish farm hand to work on site at a rapidly expanding aquaculture farm close to Humpty Doo (50kms South of Darwin).
The role will involve:
- Performs basic net mending duties
- Participating in nursery activities (grading & feeding)
- Participating in harvest set up and pack down procedures
- Participating in net run and harvest activities
- Participating in ice making and aerating procedures
- Participating in farm husbandry including weed management (whipper snipping)
- Participating in fish husbandry including feeding
- Remove fish mortalities as required
- Perform pond management duties and is required to enter water
- Learning basic knot tying skills
- Moving materials and equipment
- Operating a truck & forklift under supervision
- Reporting hazards to supervisor /, management
- Reporting native and feral animal activity to management
- Operating feed crane under supervision
- Recording feed & fish data
- Undertaking vehicle maintenance
You must be able to :
- Work outdoors and with minimal supervision
- Be able to swim
The suitable candidate must :
- Be eligible to work in Australia
- Have your own transport
- Have a Forklift Licence
- Be willing and able to work additional hours as required
Previous aquaculture experience and machinery operating experience would be advantageous. An induction will take place on the farm before the role commences.
Normal working hours will be from Monday - Friday. Accommodation will not be provided however there are options closeby.
To APPLY register at www.thejobshop.com.au providing your up to date resume and 1 recent work referee.