No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Farmhand / Tractor Driver - Sheep, Cattle and Cropping
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||28782||Location||WA - Regional|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||3.5 hours southeast of Perth|
|Hours per week||50-60+ ($25)|
A 7300 ha family-run farm near Hyden, WA (3.5 hours southeast of Perth) is looking for an experienced farm worker / tractor driver for ongoing work.
They are cropping 3200 ha and have 2200 merino breeding ewes and 260 breeding cattle. The farm also runs their own small cattle feedlot.
This role will consist of about 50% livestock work and general farm labouring and 50% machinery operating.
- Tractor Driving - operating a John Deere 9320 + Morris seeding bar at seeding and chaser bin at harvest, plus spreading and loader work.
- Stock work - animal husbandry for sheep and cattle
- General maintenance and mechanical work
- Fencing and general farm labouring
- Feed mixing in the feedlot
Applicants should have the following skills and experience:
- Good machinery operating experience, with a preference for someone who has already completed at least one seeding or harvest in Australia
- Experience working with livestock
- Some mechanical and maintenance knowledge
- Current drivers license
Normal hours are usually around 50-60 per week. During peak periods of seeding and harvest, staff are expected to work 12+ hour shifts.
Pay rate is $25/hour. Accommodation is provided for free in a 3 bedroom air conditioned house on the farm. Work ute is provided for local use.
Hyden is a great area to live and work in. The property is only 10kms from town, giving plenty of access to local facilities and sporting teams. This position offers great variety for someone who has an interest in working with machinery and livestock.