No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Assistant Farm Manager - Jerramungup, WA
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||28760||Location||WA - Regional|
|Hours per week||45 ($salary)|
Our client, Viridis Ag, is a corporate agribusiness supported by one of Australia's largest agricultural fund managers, Macquarie Agricultural Funds Management. They are dedicated to developing a large scale, diversified portfolio of permanent and annual crop farms across Australia and actively embrace modern farming practices and technology.
Viridis Ag is in the process of appointing an Assistant Manager for their newly-acquired 8000 hectare cropping property (Tantanoola) in Jerramungup, WA. The farm is run with modern precision agriculture practices and is a Controlled Traffic Farming (CTF) property.
This position plays a key operational support role within the Tantanoola farm during its early stages. The Assistant Manager will work with the Farm Manager to oversee the day to day farming operations associated with all aspects of a large broadacre cropping operation including all paddock activities as well as supervision of permanent staff, casual employees and associated contractors.
• Supervision and participation in all farming activities – including operation of modern plant and machinery, precision farming technology, chemical application and workshop tasks
• Model and maintain work practices that meet OH&S standards and provide a safe working environment
• Knowledge and ability to oversee maintenance of farming plant and machinery to a high standard
• Communication skills and records management
• Ability to contribute to and follow farm operational plans
• Ability to provide day to day leadership of an effective team
Suitable candidates for this role will have proven machinery operation and management skills, experience in large broad acre cropping programs and a genuine desire to build a career in the industry.
Remuneration package includes:
• Generous annual salary based on experience, between $80-90K
• Modern accommodation suitable for a single or family, located on the farm
• Work ute and mobile phone
Jerramungup has shopping, medical and sporting facilities as well as a primary school and high school up to year 10. It is 200kms from Albany and offers easy access to the beaches of Bremer Bay and Fitzgerald River National Park.
This position offers positive career development and the opportunity to work on a property dedicated to innovation and efficiency. Please contact Sky on 0437 683 393 for a confidential discussion about the role. To apply, email an updated CV with references to firstname.lastname@example.org