No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Full Time Cropping Farmhand - Jerramungup, WA
1 position(s) | 29 Jan 2019 - permanent
|Job #||28759||Location||WA - Regional|
|Hours per week||45 ($salary)|
Our client, Viridis Ag, is a newly established corporate agribusiness supported by one of Australia's largest agricultural fund managers, Macquarie Agricultural Funds Management. They are dedicated to developing a large scale, diversified portfolio of permanent and annual crop farms across Australia and actively embrace modern farming practices and technology.
Viridis Ag is in the process of appointing a full time Cropping Farmhand for their newly-acquired 8000 hectare cropping property (Tantanoola) in Jerramungup, WA. The farm is run with modern precision agriculture practices and is a Controlled Traffic Farming (CTF) property.
The Cropping Farmhand will be responsible for all broadacre machinery operating and maintenance including seeding, spraying and harvesting. The farm has mostly new model John Deere machinery, including new JD quadtracs and headers.
This is a full-time position and only suitable for permanent residents.
Applicants should have:
- Experience in the operation of large modern plant and machinery
- Experience and/or the ability to develop skills in the operation of precision farming technologies
- Sound mechanical skills and the ability to carry out machinery repairs and maintenance as required
- Pride in the presentation and condition of their work environment including machinery, workshop areas and vehicles
- The ability to communicate effectively with direct supervisor and other team members, including seasonal employees and contractors.
Remuneration package includes:
- Annual salary to be negotiated based on experience, between 55-65K
- Modern accommodation provided to suit either a single or a family
- Work ute and mobile phone
Jerramungup has shopping, medical and sporting facilities as well as a primary school and high school up to year 10. It is 200kms from Albany and offers easy access to the beaches of Bremer Bay and Fitzgerald River National Park.
This position offers positive career development and the opportunity to work on a property dedicated to innovation and efficiency. Please contact Sky on 0437 683 393 for a confidential discussion about the role. To apply, email an updated CV with references to firstname.lastname@example.org