No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Full-Time Farmhand - Cropping and Livestock
1 position(s) | 28 Jan 2019 - permanent
|Job #||28727||Location||WA - Regional|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||3.5 hours Southeast of Perth (330 kms)|
|Hours per week||45 ($negotiable)|
A family-run broadacre cropping and sheep enterprise located in Hyden WA requires a new full-time staff member due to expansion. The farm runs a 6000ha cropping program and a 3000 merino ewe flock.
This person will be working alongside the owners and 2-3 other staff in a highly motivated and supportive team. This role will be about 75% cropping and 25% livestock work.
• Operating Modern GPS guided machinery (Cat Challengers, Case and JCB) to a high standard
• Mixing Chemicals and operation of boom spray
• Operating a DBS bar and airseeder during seeding
• Operating a header and/or chaser bin during harvest
• Operating spreading equipment
• Servicing, adjusting and preparing equipment and machinery used in seeding, harvest, spraying, spreading and transport
• Assisting with casuals and seasonal staff
• Assisting with monitoring and maintaining sheep on the farm and fencing where required
The Successful Candidate will ideally have:
• Broadacre cropping experience with modern equipment
• Possess an MC truck licence (or be able to obtain)
• Chem cert and first aid certificate (or be able to obtain)
• Previous boomspray operating experience (or ability to learn)
Other Desirable Attributes:
• Highly motivated
• Uses initiative
• Able to work both independently and in a team
• Attention to detail
• Problem solving skills
• Either an hourly rate or annual salary, based on the preference of the employee. Rate negotaible based on experience, between $65-$70K.
• Accommodation suitable for a single or a family
• Work vehicle
This role is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to work in a growing and forward-thinking environment where they will be encouraged and supported. There is definitely potential for this person to grow in the role and take on supervisory responsibilities over time. The employer is prepared to invest in someone with the right attitude and work ethic. There will also be opportunities for personal and professional growth through agricultural networking and learning activities.
The farm is 3km from Hyden, a close-knit community with a primary school, shops, pool and sporting facilities.