No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Intensive Grazing Cattle Supervisor
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||28286||Location||WA - Regional|
|Duration||permanent||Suburb||Port Hedland Area|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||Port Hedland Area|
|Hours per week||50 ($salary)|
Pardoo Beef Corporation requires an experienced intensive grazing cattle supervisor to manage the day to day cattle operations and livestock staff on Pardoo Station.
About the Employer
Pardoo Beef Corporation (PBC) is an irrigated agriculture project in the Pilbara region of WA. PBC encompasses breeding and fattening of Wagyu cattle, an extensive crop program and pastoral operations. PBC will have 1500 hectares of crops under irrigation by 2020 using groundwater from sustainable regional water resources.
Duties will include:
- General cattle husbandry such as calving, tagging and weaning utilising low stress stock handling
- Management of 3-4 stationhands working on the livestock team
- Monitoring pasture and animal health on a daily basis
- Fencing, machinery operating and horse/motorbike riding during mustering
- Regular data collection
- Assisting management on production strategies, innovations and solutions
The successful applicant will have proven experienceexperience in day to day management of cattle in an intensive grazing environment with an understanding of irrigated pasture management and the principals of cell or rotational grazing, intensive cattle breeding husbandry and detailed data capture and reporting.
Further qualifications and skills required are:
- Capable horse person
- Capable motorbike and machinery operator
- Ability to build repair and maintain fencing, water points and station infrastructure
- Ability to lead, train and work in a small team of people and work within a corporate agricultural business
- Ability to work together in a team to create solutions to problems and have input into the development of new production strategies
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Drive and understand a safe working environment
The remuneration package for this role includes an annual salary (negotiated based on experience between $65-75K) as well as accommodation and all meals. The housing provided is a brand new two bedroom, one bathroom house with a large open plan dining/kitchen and lounge, car port and outdoor area.
This is a progressive corporate agribusiness with room for advancement for someone who demonstrates the skills required for the role and a passionate and forward-thinking approach to cattle management. The role is a fantastic opportunity for someone wanting to be a part of an innovative operation with excellent growth potential.
The station has up to 30 people working on site during peak seasons. It is located right on the coast and is 1.5 hours from Port Hedland, which offers all facilities.
Please contact Sky Martinsen on 0437 683 393 with any questions. Interested applicants should email their resumes to email@example.com