No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Cattle Stationhands - Northern Western Australia
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||28271||Location||WA - Regional|
|Duration||6 months+||Suburb||Port Hedland Area|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||Port Hedland Area|
|Hours per week||50 ($salary)|
A well-established cattle station near Port Hedland, WA requires one experienced livestock staff member. The station is 500,000 acres and has 4500 head of cattle.
The role will require a minimum commitment of 6 months, however preference will be given to longer-term applicants and full time work can be offered to the right person.
Duties will include working with cattle and calves, weighing, tagging, yard work, mustering, feeding out, checking and repairing watering points, caring for poddy calves, assisting cows with calving, and some general station maintenance.
Applicants should have the following skills and experience:
- At least 3 years experience working with cattle
- Good knowledge of low stress cattle handling including mustering, weaning and all yard work
- Ability to ride a horse, and more advanced skills like shoeing would be ideal
- A good physical fitness level and ability to work in a challenging remote environment
- General farm maintenance skills including basic mechanical skills
- Experience with off road motorbikes
- Ability to follow instructions and work alone as well as part of a team
Pay rate starts at $24/hour with the potential for long term candidates to go on a permanent salary.
The station has a caravan park attached to it and during the busy periods can have upwards of 250 tourists at any one time. This means there is more opportunity for social interaction than most remote cattle stations.
This position is a fantastic role for a skilled livestock person to work with a well-established and organized operation.