No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Cattle Stockperson for Intensive Grazing Operation
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||27997||Location||WA - Regional|
|Duration||permanent||Suburb||Port Hedland Area|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||Port Hedland Area|
|Hours per week||50 ($salary)|
A well-established 500,000 acre cattle station near Port Hedland, WA requires an experienced livestock person for their intensive grazing program.
Permanent Residents Only
This role will work in a team environment under the direction of the leading hand.
Duties will include:
- General cattle husbandry such as calving, tagging and weaning utilising low stress stock handling
- Monitoring cattle feed and cattle health
- Fencing, machinery operating and horse/motorbike riding during mustering
- Data recording for Wagyu cattle operation
- Collaborating with management on production strategies, innovations and solutions
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the cattle industry
- Experience with and commitment to low stress stock handling
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Ability to work in a team to create solutions to problems
- Be compliant and understand a safe working environment
- Preference given to those who have completed a degree in animal science or agriculture, but not essential.
The remuneration package for this role includes an annual salary (negotiated based on experience) as well as accommodation (single unit) and all meals.
This is a progressive corporate agribusiness with room for advancement for someone who demonstrates the skills required for the role and a passionate and forward-thinking approach to cattle management. The role is a fantastic opportunity for someone wanting to be a part of an innovative operation with excellent growth potential.
The station has up to 30 people working on site during peak seasons. It is located right on the coast and is 1.5 hours from Port Hedland, which offers all facilities.
Please contact Sky Martinsen on 0437 683 393 with any questions. Interested applicants should email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org