No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Melon and Mango Plantation Farm Manager
1 position(s) | 3 Sep 2018 - Perm.
|Job #||27927||Location||NT - Regional|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||300kms South of Darwin|
|Hours per week||Variable ($Neg.)|
Seeking an experienced Farm Manager to oversee the day to day running of an established 600 hectare plantation of melons and mangoes close to Katherine, NT (300kms south of Darwin).
This role is available to permanent residents only.
Specific tasks include :
- Responsibility for field activities, tree health, fruit quality and quantity
- Responsibility for welfare of staff, farm, infrastructure and resources
- Supervising field activities including tractor driving, slashing, fertigating, irrigating, pruning, crop applications, farm management and maintenance (mainly some routine equipment and irrigation maintenance)
- Supervising and managing casual labour employed on the plantation including seasonal workers
- Working with internal and external consultants to implement seasonal plans and processes
- Constantly striving to improve the efficiency and profitability of the plantation Working closely with the Harvest Manager and the Packhouse Manager during harvest (August - December)
- Recommending improvements and innovations in the production processes
The preferred applicant will be required to work in a team environment, focused on achieving company goals and objectives. This is an excellent opportunity if you are committed to forging a career in horticulture.
An attractive package is offered, including a competitive salary in line with experience ranging from $70-100k. Company vehicle and family accommodation (25kms from the town centre) available if required.
Closing date is Friday 31 August 2018. Successful applicants will be contacted within 1 week.