No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Harvest Supervisors Mango Harvest
2 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||27802||Location||NT - Regional|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||300ks South of Darwin|
|Hours per week||45 ($$25 - $28)|
Seeking a versatile individual for the upcoming mango harvest in Katherine, NT (300kms south of Darwin).
This person will be reporting to the Harvest Manager and key tasks will include;
- Monitor the performance of picking crews and seasonal workers in the field
- Ensure teams and pickers are using the correct picking technique, picking only mature fruit and handling fruit correctly
- Quality control: monitor bin fruit and quality and advise on quality and maturity issues
- Ensure all teams have daily picking tickets and machines are ready to start
- Ensure picking sticks, secateurs and other equipment is kept in good working order
- Refuel machines as needed
- Keep regular contact with Water-cart operator to ensure water changes and top-ups are being completed in a timely fashion
This is a hands on role and we are looking for a candidate with excellent communication skills, time and people management skills, who can function well in a constantly changing and challenging environment.
Your key responsibility will be to ensure fruit is picked effectively, maintaining quality and with minimum of waste.
Whilst the harvest period extends for approximately 10-14 weeks there are permanent opportunities within the organisation for suitable applicants in a range of farm / production roles.
This is a unique opportunity to live and work in the NT, there are plenty activities for your down time including hiking, fishing and camping. The Katherine region is ready to be explored boasting the magnificent Nitmiluk (Katherine Gorge) National Park and Leliyn (Edith Falls). Closeby are Mataranka Thermal Pools, and the breath taking scenery of Kakadu and Litchfield National Parks.