No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Machinery Operator for Contractor - 6 months+
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||27765||Location||WA - Regional|
|Duration||6 months+||Suburb||Wongan Hills|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||Wongan Hills, WA - 2 hours from Perth|
|Hours per week||50-60+ ($25-30/hour)|
An agricultural contractor located near Wongan Hills (2 hours northeast of Perth) requires an experienced tractor driver with mechanical skills for machinery operating work for the next 6 months+.
Duties will include:
- Operating a tug-along boomspray towed with either a John Deere 8520 or 8330 (training provided if needed)
- Servicing agricultural machinery in the workshop
- Operating a Massey Ferguson baler for hay harvest Sept - Nov/December
- Loading and stacking hay with a telehandler
There will be a minimum of 40-50 hours per week and this could be more if spraying. When hay harvest starts in September, work will be 12+hour shifts, 6-7 days a week (depending on weather and the season). There will be some night work required when baling.
Applicants for this role must have the following skills and qualities:
- Previous experience operating large scale agricultural machinery
- Good mechanical skills (people with a mechanical trade encouraged to apply)
- A strong work ethic and good atttitude
- Ability to commit a minimum of 6 months to the job, potentially longer
- Valid drivers license
This role can start ASAP however our client can be flexible for the right person.
Pay rate will be based on experience level between $25-30/hour. People with mechanical trade skills or previous boomspray experience can expect up to $30/hour.
Accommodation is provided for free in a self-contained donga, about 15 kms from Wongan Hills. Some meals can be arranged during hay harvest.
This is an excellent job for a skilled operator looking for steady work after seeding to keep them busy through harvest. Good employer with a record of retaining staff.