No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Maintenance Person for Remote Resort - Northern Territory
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||27764||Location||NT - Regional|
|Duration||permanent||Suburb||Remote Northern Territory|
|Industry||Trades||Direction||Kakadu National Park|
|Hours per week||40 ($25-30)|
A remote resort situated 2.5 hours from Darwin requires a Maintenance Person to start as soon as possible. The resort consists of 129 rooms for guests, camp/caravan facilities, fuel station, bar and restaurant and a swimming pool.
This is a permanent long-term position suitable for Permanent Residents only.
As the Maintenance Person, daily job duties include:
- Maintenance and repairs on generators and water systems (pumps, bores and water infrastructure)
- Liasing with general manager and housekeeping staff regarding repair work to guest rooms and public areas ie. fixing leaky taps/shower heads/hot water systems, minor air conditioning and television repairs
- Landscaping around the property – mowing lawns, whipper snipping, pruning trees etc.
- Upkeep of swimming pool
- Painting and general repair/building jobs around the property
- Keeping stock of all tools and maintenance goods required and ordering through suppliers or manager when needed
- All other maintenance jobs
Applicants must have:
- Recent experience in a similar role
- Experience working remotely and ability to cope in a live-in environment
- Experience with water systems (pumps, bores and water infrastructure)
- Experience using forklifts and ride-on mowers
- Ability to work autonomously and communicate with staff on a regular basis
- Long-term availability
Accommodation is a two bedroom Donga which includes a kitchen, bathroom and laundry. Three meals per day provided at just $90/week.
Pay rate on offer is between $25-30.
This is an amazing opportunity to live and work in the heart of a national park in the Northern Territory. Staff usually go hiking, swimming, on tours etc. on their days off.