No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Seasonal Worker Programme Assistant
1 position(s) | 15 Aug 2018 - Ongoing
|Job #||27763||Location||NT - Darwin|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||300 kms South of Darwin|
|Hours per week||10-15 ($$25)|
The Job Shop is involved in the Seasonal Worker Program which involves recruiting workers from Pacific Islands and Timor Leste to undertake harvest type roles that cannot be filled by Australians. The Seasonal Workers, build houses, pay for education and start businesses with the wages they earn in Australia, which completely transforms their lives and the lives of their families.
The Federal Government backed program is proving to be highly successful throughout Australia. Our core responsibility is to ensure the Seasonal Workers's experience in Australia is a positive one.
We ensure their employment conditions and accommodation are appropriate, they are paid correctly and are offered the opportunity to integrate into the local community in which they live. We assist with any pastoral care issues such as attending medical or dental appointments and providing access to church services for them to engage in.
We are recruiting a large number of Seasonal Workers, due to arrive in Humpty Doo late August before travelling on to Katherine in October.
The Job Shop is looking for an enthusiastic, caring individual who can assist us with our management of the Seasonal Workers as follows;
- Greet Seasonal Workers on arrival
- Participate in On Arrival Briefing
- Accompany Seasonal Workers to their accommodation and assist with any logistics such as provision of food, work clothes etc
- Assist with attending local church services
- Monitor health and well-being of Seasonal Workers through regular visits
- Accompany Seasonal Workers to any medical or dental appointments
- Assist in other activities such as facilitating " Add on skills" training
- Provide over the phone contact support to Seasonal Workers
This role ideally suits someone who is retired or semi-retired, who is an active member of a local church or similar community group who would like to become involved in helping these people have a truly positive experience whilst working in Australia.
The successful candidate will have a current drivers license and their own vehicle and be available for around 10-15 hours per week.