No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||27686||Location||QLD - Regional|
|Hours per week||45 ($Salary)|
A large Mango producer with operations in QLD and the NT requires a permanent Packhouse Manager, responsible for the effective and efficient operations of the packhouse on a daily basis. Playing a key role in the delivery of customer and regulatory requirements, the Packhouse Manager will also focus on staff planning and work place health and safety.
Based near Townsville, Qld, with potential travel to the Northern Territory during harvest periods, the role will have the following key responsibilities:
· Pre-season planning with the Managing Director, Logistic Manager and other staff
· Management of packhouse staff
· Ensure compliance with certified quality systems and customer approved supplier programs
· Ensure compliance with domestic and export market access protocols.
· Maintain the Packhouse Quality Management system and the records management system
· Review operational performance of packhouses and implement continuous improvement
We are seeking candidates with strong management skills, who enjoy a dynamic workplace.
Outside of the harvest period you would be responsible for the upkeep of our technical/quality systems and procedures to ensure they comply with the latest legal and customer requirements.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities outside the harvest period include;
- Maintain the Packhouse Quality Management system and the records management system
- Audit company sites and systems to ensure compliance with various standards
- Review operational performance of packhouses and implement continuous improvement
Salary package $100,000-$130,000 pa will be negotiated based on experience and qualifications.
Trainee candidates with horticulture experience, excellent capacity to learn quickly and who can accept responsibility are welcome to apply.