No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Full Time Machinery Operator for Farm - Yerecoin, WA
1 position(s) | 9 Jul 2018 - permanent
|Job #||27548||Location||WA - Regional|
|Hours per week||50+ ($25-30/hour)|
A family run mixed cropping property in the Yerecoin area (2 hours northeast of Perth) is looking for an experienced machinery operator for full-time work.
The property crops 5500ha of wheat, barley and canola and has a flock of merino ewes with prime lamb production. The role will be about 90% cropping work and 10% stock work. This person will be working with a father and son team, plus 2-3 casuals at seeding and harvest.
The farm has mostly newer model GPS autosteer John Deere equipment such as a JD 9570r tractor for seeding and a self-propelled John Deere Boomspray 4045
The role will entail the following responsibilities:
- All machinery operation in association with running the cropping program such as air seeding, spreading, spraying and harvesting
- General machinery maintenance and repairs, with some fabrication required
- Livestock handling
- Upkeep of farm infrastructure including farm buildings, water systems and vehicles
The successful candidate will possess the following skills / attributes:
- Previous experience operating large scale broadacre machinery
- Ability to work well in a small team environment as well as unsupervised
- Willingness to abide by farm health and safety standards
- Respect for the workplace and commitment to keep machinery, workshop and work Ute neat and tidy
- HR drivers licence, preferably HC or MC
- Chemcert certificate (preferred)
- Minimum of two employer references
The remuneration package for this role includes:
- Pay rate starts at $25/hour but would increase up to $30/hour for someone with a truck license or very strong cropping background
- 3 bedroom / 1 bathroom house with air-conditioning, established garden and carport (9kms from house to Yerecoin)
- Work Ute
There is easy access to the primary school and local facilities. Great farming community with close proximity to Perth. The family who own the property are lovely to work for and we've had good feedback from previous staff who has been employed here.