No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Machinery Operator for Contractor - 6 months+
1 position(s) | 15 Jun 2018 - 6 months+
|Job #||27532||Location||WA - Regional|
|Duration||6 months+||Suburb||Wongan Hills|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||Wongan Hills, WA - 2 hours from Perth|
|Hours per week||50-60+ ($25-30/hour)|
An agricultural contractor located near Wongan Hills (2 hours northeast of Perth) requires an experienced tractor driver with mechanical skills for machinery operating work for the next 6 months+.
Duties will include:
- Operating a tug-along boomspray towed with either a John Deere 8520 or 8330 (training provided if needed)
- Servicing agricultural machinery in the workshop
- Operating a Massey Ferguson baler for hay harvest Sept - Nov/December
- Loading and stacking hay with a telehandler
Hours from June - August will vary depending on what jobs are going. There will be a minimum of 40-50 hours per week and this could be more if spraying. When hay harvest starts in September, work will be 12+hour shifts, 6-7 days a week (depending on weather and the season). There will be some night work required when baling.
Applicants for this role must have the following skills and qualities:
- Previous experience operating large scale agricultural machinery
- Good mechanical skills (people with a mechanical trade encouraged to apply)
- A strong work ethic and good atttitude
- Ability to commit a minimum of 6 months to the job, potentially longer
- Valid drivers license
This role can start anytime between now and mid June or mid July. We can be flexible for the right person.
Pay rate will be based on experience level between $25-30/hour. People with mechanical trade skills or previous boomspray experience can expect up to $30/hour.
Accommodation is provided for free in a self-contained donga, about 15 kms from Wongan Hills. Some meals can be arranged during hay harvest.
This is an excellent job for a skilled operator looking for steady work after seeding to keep them busy through harvest. Good employer with a record of retaining staff.