No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Farmhand / Overseer - Dandaragan, WA
1 position(s) | 9 Jul 2018 - permanent
|Job #||27439||Location||WA - Regional|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||Dandaragan, WA - 1.5 hours north of Perth|
|Hours per week||40 ($salary)|
Starting in June or July, a well-established family run mixed livestock / cropping property in the Dandaragan Area (1.5 hours northeast of Perth) is looking for an experienced farmhand person for full-time work.
Permanent Residents Only
This role will involve all activities based on the day to day running of the property. This will entail all daily tasks associated with running 8,000 ewes (prime lamb), including:
- All relevant animal husbandry work such as mustering, drenching, shearing, lambmarking, etc.
- Carting stock and grain in an HC Truck (Volvo)
- General farm maintenance such as fencing and machinery and vehicle repair
The farm also crops 1000 ha so there will be some work operating broadacre machinery such as an air seeder, harvester, chaser bin, etc.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess the following skills/abilities:
- Extensive experience working livestock, especially sheep
- Previous broadacre machinery operating experience
- HC Truck license
- Ability to work well within a team and individually
- Attention to detail - Mechanical and welding abilities
- A real interest in the livestock industry and a desire to be a part of a progressive organization
Remuneration package includes:
1) Annual salary between $60-65K
2) 3 bedroom x 1 bathroom house with gas, electricity and water provided.
3) Ford Ranger ute for work purposes
The property is located on the Brand Hwy, 25 km from Dandaragan. Lancelin is located 30 minutes away.The farm has a school bus stop right outside the farm gate for primary school children. There are plenty of facilities in Dandaragan and Moora (gym, doctors, sporting clubs, etc.) Great location for a single person or family who wants to be in the farming industry with a top employer.