No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Permanent Cropping Farmhand - Dongara, WA
1 position(s) | 9 Jul 2018 - Permanent
|Job #||27418||Location||WA - Regional|
|Hours per week||45 ($salary)|
Our client, Viridis Ag, is a newly established corporate agribusiness supported by one of Australia's largest agricultural fund managers, Macquarie Agricultural Funds Management. They are dedicated to developing a large scale, diversified portfolio of permanent and annual crop farms across Australia and actively embrace modern farming practices and technology.
Viridis Ag is in the process of appointing some key roles for their recently purchased 16,500 hectare cropping property (The Grange) in Dongara, WA. The farm is run with modern precision agriculture practices and is a Controlled Traffic Farming (CTF) property.
The Cropping Farmhand will be responsible for all broadacre machinery operating and maintenance including seeding, spraying and harvesting. The farm has mostly new model John Deere machinery, including brand new JD quadtracs.
This is a full-time position and only suitable for permanent residents
Suitable applicants will have:
- Experience in the operation of large modern plant and machinery
- Experience and/or the ability to develop skills in the operation of precision farming technologies.
- Sound mechanical skills and the ability to carry out machinery repairs and maintenance as required
- Pride in the presentation and condition of their work environment including machinery, workshop areas and vehicles.
- The ability to communicate effectively with direct supervisor and other team members, including seasonal employees and contractors.
Remuneration package includes:
- Annual salary to be negotiated based on experience
- Modern Accommodation provided to suit either a single (3x1) or a family (4x2)
- Work ute, mobile phone and ipad
The property is situated 30km from the coastal town of Dongara and 70km south of Geraldton. Both towns offer access to a wide range of services and a coastal lifestyle. Access to schooling (primary & secondary), childcare, sporting and all that a large regional centre like Geraldton have to offer make this a unique opportunity in rural WA.
These positions offer positive career development and the opportunity to work on a property dedicated to innovation and efficiency. Please contact Sky on 0437 683 393 for a confidential discussion about the role. To apply, email an updated CV with references to firstname.lastname@example.org