No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Permanent Farm Position
1 position(s) | 11 Jun 2018 - Permanent
|Job #||27312||Location||NT - Regional|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||300 kms South of Darwin|
|Hours per week||45 ($Salary)|
A family owned and operated Mango farm situated 30 kms from Katherine is looking for an experienced farm worker to fill a permanent position.. The successful candidate must possess the following attributes and abilities;
- Highly motivated with previous experience in Horticulture/Agriculture or similar
- Be fit and healthy and have clean and sober habits.
- Be able to work in a team or alone, unsupervised and demonstrate high levels of initiative.
- Current drivers licence, forklift licence and Chemical User Certificate are essential. The successful candidate will take directions from the Owner/Managing Director .
Other Skills needed:
- Be able to drive manual vehicles tractors ect.
- Be able to ride a quad bike.
- Have a sound understanding/ability of farm machinery to be able to operate and maintain.
- Analysis and problem solving skills.
- Have general all-purpose mechanical skills.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be able to understand and follow written directions.
- Be able to keep records.
- Be able to do basic building maintenance.
- Have good time management habits.
- Understand and be able to look after/operate irrigation equipment from starting pumps, checking/fixing irrigation /assist in servicing pumps/motors.
- Be committed to the ongoing productivity ,performance and development of the property.. Accommodation available on Farm for either single person or family/partner. The Farm is approx 30km from Katherine, Northern Territory. Katherine has numerous public schools, one public high school and a private college which caters from Early Learning to Senior School (School bus comes to the Farm gate) and a hospital, private doctorsâ€™ clinic, numerous sporting clubs, community groups and other facilities.