No jobs. Saved jobs will appear here.
Feed Mill Operator for Cattle Feedlot
1 position(s) | As soon as possible
|Job #||27283||Location||WA - Regional|
|Industry||Agriculture||Direction||450 kms Southeast of Perth|
|Hours per week||60 ($25)|
A large mixed cropping farm in Hyden is looking for someone to assist with the feed mill in their cattle feedlot. We are open to someone short-term fpr 3-6 months, but longer is preferred.
Duties will include:
- Doing the bunk call, morning and midday feeds (7:30am - 5:30pm
- Allocation of feed through the Batching and Mixing Station (Possum Gully)
- Milling of grain and meeting standards set, including silage and hay into the shed
- Feeding of cattle, usually 5 to 7 mixes a day with a John Deere tractor with a Supreme mixer, 7 tonne capacity
- Maintenance of Mill, including Roller Mill, wetting plant, feed tractor and wagon and Claas loader
- Keeping Mill and equipment clean
Applicants must have the following:
- Strong cattle handling skills and a desire to work with cattle
- Experience with Possum Gully software would be an advantage
- High level of physical fitness
- Excellent English
- Ability to work well in a small team (3 people)
Pay rate is $25/hour for around 60 hours per week, Monday-Friday. Some occasional weekend work required.
Accommodation is provided for free (room + ensuite) as well as some meals. This role will start out as a casual position, but full-time work is on offer.