The Job Shop is an Australian recruitment agency specialising in rural recruitment. We have been in business with the same ownership for over 11 years. Our agency provides full time and casual staff to a range of clients the agriculture, hospitality and trades industries.
The Job Shop is a member of the Recruitment & Consulting Services Association of Australia (RCSA) and our Perth manager sits on the RSCA WA Council. We pride ourselves on adhering to the RCSA professional code of conduct and stay informed on all relevant employment regulations and legislation. Our business has ISO 9001 certification, an internationally recognised Quality Management System that ensures quality standards are applied to our business.
Our client base has grown organically over the years, with most of our new business coming from referrals from current clients.
We service our clients through our four offices - Perth and Kununurra in WA and Darwin and Katherine in the NT.
How do I place a vacancy?
Call 08 9228 1457 (Perth), 08 9168 1500 (Kununurra), 08 89710938 (Katherine) or 08 8941 4785 (Darwin) to speak with our staff about your vacancy. You can also email email@example.com to request a vacancy form and arrange a time to speak with our staff.
What is it like to work with The Job Shop?
Here is a snapshot of our recruitment process:
- We work with the client to put together a job description for their vacancy
- We post the role on our website and other job boards to generate interest. We also go through our database of candidates who are on standby for work and see who might be interested and suitable
- Candidates are interviewed, have their visas verified and are reference checked by our staff
- If interview and references are positive, candidate details are sent to the client for consideration
- Job Shop staff work with the client to schedule phone or in-person interview
- If everything checks out, we help the client put together an employment offer for the candidate
- Job Shop staff will follow up with the employer and employee after the job commences to ensure both parties are going well. We stay in touch throughout the duration of employment
We charge a fee for our services based on the type and duration of job and will only do so if the employee works out. If they don't stay, you won't pay.
Hi Sky, just wanted to thank you for all your help during my 2.5 years with recruiting staff for seeding and Grain Analysis positions. Your invaluable knowledge of our business has made my job of hiring and working with people so much easier. It's great to know that I can contact you (often at short notice) and have people set up for interviews within a short space of time, who are all suitable for the type of work we do. I really appreciate the follow up correspondence to check how things are going, and I know the staff do too. Jon H., Kalyx Agriculture
The guys have both arrived safely and into work immediately. I feel like we won the lottery, even though it is only early days they seem to be great workers and people. Thanks so much for your persistence in finding the type of people we wanted. It is very much appreciated and makes you and your company above the others we have dealt with. Robyn R. - WA cattle station owner
We will always be looking to the local Job Shop to source short term and last minute replacements, we enjoy working with Katie and the service is invaluable to us when we are in peak season. Lori L., El Questro Wilderness Park
Jamie has just finished up. He did an EXCELLENT job there, incredibly well received and has really left his mark. Well done on finding him and we wish him all the best. Shane B., Jumbuck Pastoral
We have finished harvest. Till was fantastic, nice person and a good worker. Thank you so much, you have always delivered on supplying us with great workers. Mark and Kathy S., Farm Owners Wubin, WA
If you are interested in working with The Job Shop, please contact us